Armpit Cyst: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Armpit cyst is an enlarged nymph node that forms painful bumps under the arm and this condition may occur to adults and children. Take a look at the causes, symptoms and treatment of armpit cyst.
Armpit cyst is an enlarged nymph node that forms painful bumps in the underarm. This particular condition may occur to adults and children. These swollen lymph nodes causes swollen underarm and if you notice that you have a swollen bump in your armpit, immediately consult your health care provider so that it can be diagnosed sooner and if there are cancerous cells that are present in the lump or not. The diagnostic process will be tissue biopsy to establish if the lump needs serious attention or easy to treat.
Causes of Armpit Cyst
Armpit cyst is caused by a lot of different things but the most common cause is infection in the armpit, breast or arm.
- Infections that results to swelling in the armpit are abscesses that are caused by bacteria
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are autoimmune diseases that can result to formation of lump.
- The tender lump can also be caused by more serious medical condition such as non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, leukemia, Hodgkin's disease or metastasized cancer that has spread in the lymph nodes.
- The lump may also occur as a result from non-infectious condition such as allergic reaction, sebaceous cyst, chronic fatigue syndrome, trauma to the underarm or shoulder, lymphatic obstruction and lipoma.
Some of the symptoms that you should look out for while you have an armpit cyst are sudden loss of appetite, flu-like symptoms, rashes, inflammation. Never ignore if the lump comes with breast pain or any other breast changes because it could be a sign of breast cancer or breast infection. If symptoms such as shortness of breath, seizures, tender lymph nodes, high fever, changes in level of consciousness manifests, immediately seek medical attention.
The treatment for armpit cyst will depend on the specific diagnosis and what caused the underarm lump in the first place.
- If it is caused by an infection, then the doctor shall prescribe antibiotics to treat the armpit cyst.
- If it is caused by virus, and if you're immune system is healthy then it will naturally go away.
- If the lump is an allergic reaction, then you have to get rid of the allergen that caused it.
- If the lump is persistent and if the case is severe, the lump may need to be removed surgically, but that is the last resort and after all of the other medical treatments had been applied.
- Choosing the Best Sunscreen for You
- Various treatment options to get rid of back acne
- Natural solution for sweaty armpits
- Rash identification - types and symptoms
- Shaving rash
- Combating the dandruff with home remedies
- Armpit Cyst: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- How to Prevent and Get Rid of Underarm Rash